Update COVID-19 virus
The recent months have shown a global outbreak of the COVID-19 (Corona) virus. Unfortunately, this has also an impact on the global poultry industry and therefore impacts our partners as well as our business activities. Meyn is dedicated to reducing this impact to a minimum. As a consequence, Meyn adheres to the instructions issued by national governments, national health institutions and the World Health Organization.
- We listen to our partners
Poultry processors face challenging times. We understand this and try our best to support our partners the best we can. We will also engage our vendors and business partners in identifying and mitigating possible supply chain issues related to the current and evolving conditions. And, we will be comprehensive and disciplined in our financial management of the Company as we closely follow the potential impact on our markets to stay ahead of any significant disruptions. Taking into account the local circumstances and the specific needs the most practical solution will be offered. Together we find a way!
- We reduce international travel
We are suspending all non-essential business travel until further notice. Our commercial and technical staff will visit partner's sites only if mutually agreed. The personal health and business operation of our partner is a key priority for us. Before any visit, we will check the local situation and the applicable government guidelines. In case of technical emergencies you can always contact our Field service support 24/7 hour.
- We continue practicing good hygiene
Given the potential for COVID-19 to spread, and the already widespread seasonal influenza (flu) virus, we take additional proactive steps to mitigate the spread of these viruses.
- Regularly wash hands with soap and water. In addition to hand washing, alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Maintain distance. Maintain at least 1.5 meter (6 feet) of distance between two persons.
- Avoid touching the face. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus through eyes, nose and mouth.
- Practice respiratory hygiene. Cover mouth and nose with a tissue or a bent elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean surfaces that are touched by others.
Most exhibitions have canceled or postponed their event. To avoid unnecessary panic we will follow the decisions taken by the local government with respect to these kinds of events. In practice, this means that Meyn will hardly participate in any exhibition in March and April. We will maximize the use of other communication channels to stay in contact with our customers, business partners and everyone else with an interest in our poultry processing solutions.
These new instructions, enable us to continue our full support to all our poultry partners during the challenging time of COVID-19.